Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen.... We've got him


There are certain things that I've been taught throughout my life. Things that have been beaten into my brain over the years by numerous teachers, parents, and the even by the media. Some of these things are the things that I've come to believe. Some of these things have gone in one ear and out the other. Some things Im still waiting to pass judgement on. But one thing that I know for sure is that when, and if, the oppurtunity presents itself, you should be always take the BBD. The Bigger, Better Deal.
A while back, my contract at Random Thoughts through Blogger ran out. My 3 months there were amazing. Those were the times I've only dreamed of. I put my heart and soul into this "project." I've sacrificied numorous things for this "project." I thought I would be working with Random Thoughts for many many wonderful years until I would gracefully ride off into the sunset. Alas, my fine bosses at Random Thoughts didnt feel the same way. They thought that hiring some big shot who actually went to college was better for the company. Who knew?? So alas, my contract was not renewed. I thought the world was truly shitting on me.
After months and months of wallowing in my own sorrows, drowning myself in twinkies and cheap, imitation Wild Turkey and reading self-help books, I came to the realization that things would not get better. That there would not be that bigger better deal that I had always dreamed of.
Then, one rainy afternoon, wedged in between re-runs of Maury and TRL, I recieved a phone call from the fine people at Some People's Kids. Apparently, one of their contributors scours the internet for 8 hours a day and came across a long lost Blog called Neubiedamus. Thought to have been lost forever, this blog caught a certain person's eye (for conversation's sake, we'll just call him "Bez") and he brought his idea before the board of directors. After confirmation that I still exsisted, I recieved said phone call from "Bez." He asked me to contribute the "Some People's Kids" blog. After asking if it was really my uncle Morty, calling to razz me for the amusement of his children once again, I gleefully accepted.
I had found my Bigger Better Deal. The terms of the contract are disclosed but lets just say I've got enough coin for a couple lap dances at Augies.

So this will be my last contribution to the blog formerally known as "Neubiedamus." If you liked this blog, and would like to see more, or even to laugh at how big of an idiot I am, please go to Adam Bezdicek's blog, Some Peoples Kids on the same website. Its been fun to let you into my mind for a while, giving you a glimpse of what happens in here from time to time. But I will be checking in from there now. Until then....

1 comment:

AdamBez said...

It was an amazing run here (all 6 posts), I'm happy to accept you in to our world.